Dr. Mahmood Abbas graduated from Arabian Gulf University, Bahrain in 1996 and received the Arab Board for General Surgery, European Board for Pediatric Surgery and French Fellowship for Pediatrics. Dr. Mahmood Abbas underwent training in pediatric general surgery and pediatric urology at some of the finest medical establishments in Bahrain & France and used to work as a consultant Pediatric Surgeon at Salmniya Medical Complex, and lecturer & clinical tutor at the Arabian Gulf University. Dr. Mahmood Abbas joined Ibn Al-Nafees Hospital in 2013.
Pediatric Surgery & Urology unit at Ibn Al-Nafees Hospital-Bahrain, is providing high quality specialized treatment for children with pediatric surgery, hypospadias and other pediatric urology conditions.
We offer consultations and surgeries in Ibn Al-Nafees Hospital, a renowned hospital carrying an excellent reputation for quality of care for children.
The clinic will offer consultations, pre-surgery tests, pre-surgery preparation, surgery and post-surgery care for various Pediatric surgery & urology conditions including Hypospadias.
A. Pediatric surgery clinic:
The clinic is headed by Dr. Mahmood Abbas, Consultant Pediatric Surgeon trained in France and offers Pediatric Surgery treatment and surgeries for the following conditions:
- General pediatric surgeries: inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia, hydrocele, undescended testis, torsion testis
- Laparoscopic & open surgery various gastrointestinal disorders including appendix and gallbladder diseases
- Treatment of anal conditions: anal fissure, anal fistula, anal abscess
- Day-Case procedures: circumcision, Removal of cyst & lymph node, treatment of abscess, treatment of ingrown toe nail
- Minor Procedures: Release of tongue tie & upper lip tie, Removal of skin tags, extra digit and skin lesions
B. Pediatric urology & Hypospadias clinic:
The pediatric urology & Hypospadias clinic is headed jointly by Dr. Mahmood Abbas, Consultant Pediatric Surgeon & Dr A.K.Singal, Pediatric Urologist from Mumbai, India. Dr Singal performs a large number of surgeries every year in Mumbai-India for children with primary, severe, complex and failed hypospadias. Dr. Singal has extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Hypospadias and pediatric urology. Since Dr. Singal started visiting Ibn Al Nafees Hospital, we receive kids from all over the world for hypospadias treatment in Bahrain.
The clinic will offer Pediatric Urological treatment and surgeries for the following conditions:
- Hypospadias surgery for children & adults; both primary and failed redo cases
- Correction of buried penis and penile curvature
- Laparoscopic orchidopexy for intra-abdominal testis
- Urethral Stricture; Urethroplasty
- Undescended testis; laparoscopic and open surgery
- Hydronephrosis due to obstruction of pelvis-ureter junction (PUJ); Laparoscopic & open Pyeloplasty surgery
- Vesico-ureteric reflux (VUR); Endoscopic Deflux Injection treatment & reimplantation of ureter
- Obstructed Mega Ureter; Reimplantation of ureter
- Posterior urethral valves (PUV) – Endoscopic (cystoscopic) surgery
- Duplex system – Reimplantation and Laparoscopic Nephrectomy/ heminephrectomy
- Ureterocele treatment by endoscopy/ cystoscopy