The Neurology Department at Ibn Al-Nafees Hospital offers a wide range of neurological services with the most modem equipment and a highly qualified neurologist and technologist.
- 20 Channel Digital EEG ( First in Bahrain) This is used to measure the electrical impulses in the brain. Mainly for seizure disorder.
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) are commonly performed in the evaluation of suspected neuromuscular disease and provide an objective measure of pathophysiologic changes. Mainly for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Peripheral Neuropathy, Guillain Barre Syndrome, Diabetic Neuropathy, Facial Palsy etc.
- Electro-Myogram (EMG) the patchy involvement of muscles may exist in some neuromuscular diseases, to determine this we use needle electrodes; these studies are called EMG. Commonly used in Motor Neurone Disease, Myopathy, Neuropathy etc.
- Visual Evoked Potentials (VEP) This program is mainly used to measure electrical signals evoked in the cortex by a visual stimulus.
- Auditory Evoked Potentials (AEP) This program is used mainly to measure electrical signals evoked in the brainstern by an auditory stimulus.
Our professional neurological faculty is dedicated to you and offers an excellent neurological health care service to improve the quality of life for neurological patients at a very reasonable cost.
Dr. Nabeel did his medical training in university of Rouen, France and...