- Elham Atalla, MD, MSexol
- Atalla is a Consultant Family Physician, and the first Clinical Sexologist in Bahrain and the gulf region. She is a recognized pioneer in treating patients with sexual dysfunctions from Bahrain and around the Gulf area.
- In early 2010 Dr. Atalla established the first specialized Clinical Sexology Service in Bahrain under the Directorate of the Primary Health Care. The Clinical Sexology service provides full spectrum of consultations and managing a wide range of Sexual Dysfunctions and other Sexual Health related issues for both males and females. The establishment of the Clinical Sexology Service was a major landmark in the services provided by the Ministry of Health in Bahrain.
- Moreover, Dr. Atalla organizes/conducts many training activities for both under graduate and postgraduate levels. Also, she conducted several workshops for the public aiming at increasing the awareness of Sexual Health related issues in the general population. Atalla is interested in promoting sexual health education for both professionals and the public.
- Atallahad received her MD from the Arabian Gulf University at Bahrain. She received the Board Certificate in Family Practice Joint Program accredited by Ministry of Health, Bahrain, and the Irish College of General Practitioners and Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 2001 and graduated from the Arab Board for Medical Specialties program for Family Medicine in 2002.
- In 2008 she earned Postgraduate Diploma in Sexology and in 2009 earned her Masters of Sexology (MSexol) with distinction, both degrees from Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia.
- In 2012 until date, Dr. Atalla was appointed by the WHO as a member of a group of experts to work on the Classification of Sexual Disorders and Sexual Health section revision of the ICD-10. In addition, she is a member of a group of experts developing other Sexual Health related guidelines also with the WHO.
- Atalla has several publications in international and regional journals related to her work in the field of Clinical Sexology.
Consultant Family Physician
+973 1782 3444