Hypospadias Foundation starts Pediatric Urology and Hypospadias Clinic at Ibn Al Nafees Hospital, Bahrain
Sensing the need for quality specialized treatment for children with hypospadias and pediatric urology conditions, Hypospadias Foundation has started offering consultations and surgeries in Bahrain. The clinic is located at Ibn Al Nafees Hospital, a renowned hospital carrying an excellent reputation for quality of care for children.
The clinic will offer consultations, counseling, treatment, pre-surgery tests, pre-surgery preparation, surgery and post-surgery care for various Pediatric urology conditions including hypospadias. The clinic will be headed jointly by Dr. A.K.Singal, Pediatric Urologist from Mumbai, India, and Dr. Mahmood Abbas, Senior Pediatric Surgeon trained in France and now settled in Bahrain.
Dr Singal performs a large number of surgeries every year for children with primary, severe, complex and failed hypospadias. Dr Singal’s experience in Hypospadias is one of the largest single surgeon hypospadias treatment experience in the world. Hypospadias Foundation receives kids from all over the world for hypospadias treatment in India.
With the opening of the Pediatric Urology and Hypospadias surgery clinic in Bahrain, children from Gulf region, Middle East countries, Northern Africa can now travel easily for best treatment under care of Dr Singal and Dr Mahmood. The countries which stand to benefit from this association are Bahrain, UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi and other emirates), Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Jordan, Syria, Egypt and practically all countries in MENA region.
The clinicwill offer Pediatric Urological treatment and surgeries for the following conditions:
- Hypospadias surgery for children- both primary and failed redo cases
- Urethral Stricture – urethroplasty
- Undescended testis – laparoscopic and open surgery
- Hydronephrosis due to PUJ Obstruction – Laparoscopic pyeloplasty surgery
- Vesico-ureteric reflux (VUR) with urine infections – Anti-reflux ureteric reimplantation
and Endoscopic Deflux Injection treatment for VUR.
- Obstructed Megaureter – Ureteric Reimplantation
- Posterior urethral valves (PUV) – Endoscopic (cystoscopic) surgery
- Neuropathic bladder due to Spina bifida (meningomyelocele)
- Duplex system – Reimplantation and Laparoscopic Nephrectomy/ heminephrectomy
- Ureterocele treatment by endoscopy/ cystoscopy
Visiting Pediatric Urologist Dr. A. K. Singal
- Surgery for hypospadias, including the complex cases & roperations
- Corrective surgery for penile curvature
- Laparoscopic surgery for intra-abdominal testis
- Open & laparoscopic surgeries for kidney /ureter
- Trained in specialized centers in India & USA
- Published numerous scientific papers in hypospadias & pediatric urology
Dr. A.K .Singal Visiting pediatric urologist & Hypospadias specialist Mumbai, India In Pediatric surgery and urology unit
Dr. Mahmood graduated from Arabian Gulf University, Bahrain in 1996. He received the Arab Board for General Surgery, European Board for Pediatric...